What is infection control?
Infection control refers to policies and procedures used to minimize the risk of spreading infections to human especially in hospitals or health care facilities.
The purpose of infection control is to reduce the occurrence of infectious diseases.
What is benefit infection control course?
This online infection control course covers the sources of microorganisms and how infectious bacteria transfer between hosts. Learners will understand the process of preventing infections from spreading. This includes proper hand washing procedures, wound dressing, cleaning activities, and waste disposal.
What is the Aim of infection control course?
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to identify sources of infections.
- Understand the various ways that infections may be transmitted.
- Understand the chain of infection and how it helps us identify effective ways to control risks.
- Recognise the importance of your employer carrying out risk assessments of your workplace.
- Be fully aware of what preventative measures and remedial actions help prevent infections from transmitting.
What does this course include?
- Principles of infection control
- Health management
- Methods, standards and principles of identification infections disease
- Plan a comprehensive infection prevention and control program
- Chain of infections
- Infection control precautions
- Disinfection and sterilization technique
- Transmission based precautions
- Isolation precautions
- Aseptic technique
- Identifying and reducing risks of acquiring and transmitting infections
Who should take this Course?
This Infection Control training course is suitable for anyone who works in an environment where there is a significant risk of infections transferring.
- Health care assistants
- Refuse workers
- Chiropodists and Acupuncturists
- Anyone who works with animals, including vets
Who is our Accreditations provider?
- DHA Accreditation with 3 CME points
How long will it take for me to achieve this qualification?
- This qualification can achieve by online based course with a minimum contact time of 4 hours.
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Credit Points
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 298
- Assessments Yes